Want to tell the US Government about why AmeriCorps and Service Years matter?
The National Commission on Military, National, and Public Service seeks to learn more about why people serve and why people may choose not to serve, as well as ways to increase the number of Americans in military, national, and public service. The Commission welcomes comments from the public on any aspect of the Commission’s mission, including the following questions:
- Does service have inherent value? If so, what is it?
- How does the U.S. increase the desire for Americans, particularly young Americans, to serve?
- What are the barriers to participation in military, national or public service?
- How can the U.S. increase participation in military, national, and public service by individuals with critical skills to address national security and other public service needs of the nation?
- Is the military draft or draft contingency still a necessary component of U.S. national security?
- Are modifications to the selective service system needed?
- Is a mandatory service requirement for all Americans necessary, valuable, and feasible?
Submit your comment here, mail your comment or any material you see fit to 2530 Crystal Drive, Suite 1000, Box #63, Arlington, Virginia 22202, or you can email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments submitted by any of the forms above are taken into consideration by the Commission. Please note that any information you provide on this comment form could be publicly disclosed. Please see the Privacy and FOIA pages for further information. The Commission will be accepting comments until December 31, 2019.
Dear National Service Colleagues,
We are delighted to announce that the Corporation for National and Community Service is accepting nominations for the annual Excellence in AmeriCorps Awards, a special opportunity to spotlight extraordinary programs and inspiring AmeriCorps members serving communities across our country.
Nominations are accepted from AmeriCorps NCCC, VISTA, State, National, and tribal programs. The Excellence in AmeriCorps Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Best New Program
- Most Significant Innovation
- Engaging More People with Disabilities
- Most Impactful Member Service
- Most Compelling Member Experience
The deadline for 2018 nominations is June 13. The nomination form and details for completion are located here. Please share this information with your staff, grantees, members, board, commission members, subgrantee staff, operating staff, and other partners, and encourage them to submit nominations.
Thank you for spreading the word about this great recognition opportunity!
AmeriCorps State & National
Corporation for National and Community Service
THIS, TUESDAY MAY 1ST, IS SAC’S ANNUAL CAREER FAIR!
Come meet employers who are actively hiring, believe in AmeriCorps’ values, and are eagerly looking to connect with AmeriCorps Members who will soon be finishing their service! Employers come from the non-profit, for-profit, and public sectors. Come talk to recruiters from Pacific Science Center, Planned Parenthood Action, Girl Scouts of Western Washington and more! Don’t forget about the FREE RAFFLE for your chance to WIN $25 Starbucks and Ross Dress for Less giftcards, Pacific Science Center Tickets, and more!
Learn more and register here.
Hope to see you tonight at the Atlas Workbase in Queen Anne (500 Mercer St, Seattle, WA 98109) from 4:30-7:30!
AmeriCorps members are assembling for a tried & true tradition of trivia & tastes at one of our favorite downtown Irish Pubs! Join us for this fun St. Patrick’s tradition. Bring a friend.
Where: Fado Irish Pub @ 801 1st Ave, Seattle, WA 98104
When: Wednesday, March 28th from 6pm-8pm
*SPECIAL: extended happy hour just for you, because we ♥ you.*
Space is limited. Please RSVP so we can get a headcount for a reservation.
Facebook Event Here
Geeks Who Drink (Trivia) Rules: https://www.geekswhodrink.com/about/players
On December 2nd, 2017:
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and who better to celebrate with than your Seattle AmeriFamily? SAC is hosting a special holiday party at Ozzie’s (105 W Mercer St, Seattle) to celebrate the season.
******4 Important details**********
1. What should I wear? Wear an ugly holiday themed sweater, the more crazy the better! We’ll vote on the best sweater for a prize!
2. Should I bring anything? Bring a white elephant gift if you want to participate in our white elephant gift exchange. Not sure what a white elephant gift exchange is? Find more here: https://www.whiteelephantrules.com/
3. Can I bring a friend/plus one? Yes! Bring a friend. Make sure you and your friend RSVP to this event page, so we know how many people to expect!!!
4. Will there be AmerOke (AmeriCorps Karaoke)??? YES!
Be there, or be square. Happy holidays!