We are now recruiting for an open position on the SAC Leadership Board. Volunteer board members will commit to serving the 2017-18 board term to bring leadership and support to the SAC community and enhance the AmeriCorps member experience in Seattle.
SAC seeks individuals that are dedicated to high-quality, excited to work in a team setting, and who find themselves energized by the opportunity to help others grow into civic minded young professionals. The board experience will be supportive, offer opportunities for you to grow your professional skills, and fun!
-Keep detailed notes of SAC Meetings and Board Retreat (Fall)
-Assist with strategic planning/decision planning
-Send updates with SAC Newsletter
-Maintain/organize the SAC Google Drive
-Maintain/organize the CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) Database
-Attention to detail, organized
-Strong writing skills
-Database management experience preferred
– Ability to work individually and as a team; ability to delegate and request help from team
– Familiar with Google Suite applications and Microsoft programs
– Community outreach/monetary and in-kind gift solicitation
– Passion and dedication to support AmeriCorps members
– Currently serving in AmeriCorps term or AmeriCorps alumni*
– Living in Greater Seattle area through the 2017-18 calendar year*
– Able to meet in Seattle metro area 1-2 times per month outside of regular work hours
– Access to computer and internet
– Available to attend and support SAC Career Fair (Spring 2018) and SAC Stipend Life Event (Fall 2017)
– Attend Board meetings once a month (may be available by phone/Skype)*
– Communicate regularly with team regarding task completion, maintain open communication channels*
– Engage actively in board meetings and take ownership over individual tasks as needed*
– Attend SAC events when possible, and share SAC events with currently serving AmeriCorps members*
Does this sound like a good fit? Apply today!
We are pleased to announce the SAC Career Fair will continue into it’s 2nd year at Town Hall Seattle. We look forward to seeing you on June 14th! Announcements of featured employers will happen throughout mid-May and early June.
Register here: http://tinyurl.com/SACCareerFair
Hope to see you there!
– SAC Leadership Board and SAC Events Committee
We are very excited to announce, thanks to the generosity of some incredible sponsors, The 2nd Annual SAC Career Fair will be held on June 14th, 2017 at Town Hall Seattle! Mark your calendars-we hope to see you there. More details will be posted soon.
-The SAC Leadership Board and Events Committee
Introducing YWCA’s financial education classes, Money Mechanics! This spring, FREE financial classes will be held in Renton. This series offers financial workshops for anyone who feels like their finances could use a “tune-up,” especially anyone who is low-income, unemployed, currently or recently homeless, or tired of getting paid and just days later wondering, “just where did that money go?” These classes are open to anyone, and both women and men are welcome to attend.
Classes will be four sessions, May 9th through May 30th, every Tuesday from 11 am to 2 pm.
- Food and child care provided free on site!
- Transportation assistance is available.
- Participants may be eligible to receive up to $50 for completing the class!
Participants will get support while learning more about:
- Unmasking the mysteries of credit
- Debt management
- Making your dollar stretch each month (budgeting!)
- How to make banking work for you
- Goal setting and your personal values
- Saving and investing
- And much more!