On December 2nd, 2017:
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and who better to celebrate with than your Seattle AmeriFamily? SAC is hosting a special holiday party at Ozzie’s (105 W Mercer St, Seattle) to celebrate the season.
******4 Important details**********
1. What should I wear? Wear an ugly holiday themed sweater, the more crazy the better! We’ll vote on the best sweater for a prize!
2. Should I bring anything? Bring a white elephant gift if you want to participate in our white elephant gift exchange. Not sure what a white elephant gift exchange is? Find more here: https://www.whiteelephantrules.com/
3. Can I bring a friend/plus one? Yes! Bring a friend. Make sure you and your friend RSVP to this event page, so we know how many people to expect!!!
4. Will there be AmerOke (AmeriCorps Karaoke)??? YES!
Be there, or be square. Happy holidays!
Yes. It’s official. #StipendLife is back and better than ever. Are you an AmeriCorps just starting out, trying to figure out just how to afford this crazy expensive city? Seattle AmeriCorps Collaborative is bringing together resources and people to help give you advice and support during your financially stressful AmeriCorps term. We want you to be your best self this year, so come join us.
Are you an alum that wants to offer words of wisdom to members? We have a special role you can play this year. Talk to us about being on our”Ameri-Advice” panel, or “what I wish I knew before I started AmeriCorps.”
About the venue: we are super excited to announce that Stipend Life will be held at the Centilia Cultural Center! Centilia is a popular term in the Nahuatl (Uto-Aztecan) language meaning “to join together, to become one.”
The Cultural Center is right near the Beacon Hill light rail station for ultimate convenience.
Let us meet & mingle, have fun, and kick off this amazing adventure together!
Date: Monday, October 23rd from 5:30pm-8:30pm.
Address: Centilia Cultural Center 1660 S Roberto Maestas Festival St, Seattle, Washington
We have 3 open leadership board positions at this time. Applications will close after #StipendLife, so apply now if you’re interested!
Application available here:
It was a dark and stormy Sunday.
The Seattle AmeriCorps Collaborative pages were a flurry of activity. “LOCATION CHANGE: Happy Hour” the website frantically stated. We hoped, against all odds, to have one last sunny Sunday for a beach bonfire with cool friends.
Alas, the weather in Seattle does not always cooperate with our best laid plans. We met instead at a small, local brewery and coffee shop located at the corner of Fauntleroy in West Seattle for our first event of the fall season.
We were lucky to be joined by AmeriCorps Alumni and members from Habitat for Humanity Seattle-King County, Notre Dame, and City Year. The wonderful crew had a great time getting to know some new members, many of which had just started their year of service.
Over coffee, good brews, and lots and lots of games of UNO (and a few solo games of Connect Four?) Our Seattle AmeriCorps members laughed together, got to know each other better, and took surprise trips to KFC (to find the cheapest food possible, of course!)
Welcome back, members. It’s going to be a great year.
– Seattle AC
What is Service Year 100?
Service Year 100 is a first-of-its-kind program created to find 100 of the most motivated and inspired service year corps members and challenge them to take their service to the next level. Think of this as the ultimate service challenge, dressed as an honor society. Read more about Service Year 100.
What are the perks?
Service Year 100 members will receive benefits from partner companies throughout their service year. Every benefit is part of a challenge designed to give Service Year 100 members new, fun, and exciting ways to develop as the leaders our world needs today. Here is what members will get:
Free relocation housing voucher and Social Impact Experience from Airbnb
Free LinkedIn Learning and Premium accounts
Starbucks gift card
Access to HR teams, career support and speaker series at all partner companies
Invitations to local events and press/media opportunities
Opportunities to meet and collaborate with fellow service year corps members in your city.
Apply to Service Year 100!
The career fair is in 9 days! (Not that we’re counting, or anything). We are pleased to announce the first organizations that have requested to participate at the SAC Career Fair in 2017!
Sponsors Tabling at Event:
*Local, regional, or national organization is a designated Employer of National Service. To find out more about the Employers of National Service program, please click here
Members: you can check if an employer is designated as a ENS here
We are now recruiting for an open position on the SAC Leadership Board. Volunteer board members will commit to serving the 2017-18 board term to bring leadership and support to the SAC community and enhance the AmeriCorps member experience in Seattle.
SAC seeks individuals that are dedicated to high-quality, excited to work in a team setting, and who find themselves energized by the opportunity to help others grow into civic minded young professionals. The board experience will be supportive, offer opportunities for you to grow your professional skills, and fun!
-Keep detailed notes of SAC Meetings and Board Retreat (Fall)
-Assist with strategic planning/decision planning
-Send updates with SAC Newsletter
-Maintain/organize the SAC Google Drive
-Maintain/organize the CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) Database
-Attention to detail, organized
-Strong writing skills
-Database management experience preferred
– Ability to work individually and as a team; ability to delegate and request help from team
– Familiar with Google Suite applications and Microsoft programs
– Community outreach/monetary and in-kind gift solicitation
– Passion and dedication to support AmeriCorps members
– Currently serving in AmeriCorps term or AmeriCorps alumni*
– Living in Greater Seattle area through the 2017-18 calendar year*
– Able to meet in Seattle metro area 1-2 times per month outside of regular work hours
– Access to computer and internet
– Available to attend and support SAC Career Fair (Spring 2018) and SAC Stipend Life Event (Fall 2017)
– Attend Board meetings once a month (may be available by phone/Skype)*
– Communicate regularly with team regarding task completion, maintain open communication channels*
– Engage actively in board meetings and take ownership over individual tasks as needed*
– Attend SAC events when possible, and share SAC events with currently serving AmeriCorps members*
Does this sound like a good fit? Apply today!